Sunday 16 January 2011

Worship not church

Sometimes I have to prepare to lead the church service on sunday, and today I have read an interesting book, it's called 'Parenting in the Pew' given to me by a good friend Tom Carpenter. It is very encouraging reading. the writer suggests that too often we 'go to church' with it being some formality or business and we go to 'get' something at the service and come home disappointed if we don't 'get' something. She reckons that we will enjoy it more, and we will encourage our children better if we go to a 'worship' service. I have made this a great emphasis in todays service. I have not enjoyed a service so much in a long time. The sermon was on Matthew 26. 4 different responses to life from Mary, Peter, Judas and Jesus. In the 2010 edition of the NIV Jesus' words to Judas are 'you have said so' - Judas gets a chance again! Join us in giving thanks to God for an amazing week.

No comments:

Post a Comment