Thursday 13 January 2011

Jesus the 12 year old teacher

On friday mornnigs during term time some of the women of the church - the mum's particularly, meet up in the cafe for a bible study and I had forgotten they were coming today. This means that the floor needs to be cleaned very quiclkly in order for it to dry before they come. I then met up with Tom and we talked about the things that need to be done at the cafe when I go on vacation. I had come in the door and began preparing assembly which I was not able to do earlier in the week. At 10am I went across to Cubitt Town School for the assembly, a lady from Barnardos was talking about her charity. Then I spoke about Jesus as a child when he went to the temple and lectured the teachers (pharisees), which the children found very funny. A regular contact who I saw yesterday came in again today and he was much friendlier and easier to talk with. We had some very light conversation. He is 'on the wagon' again and has been now for a long time. He says Christmas is a particularly hard time since you are obligated to drink with others and that makes you out of favour with your friends if you won't drink. He says he prefers waking up with a clear head and being able to enjoy the morning. I really like talking to him, he is very encouraging. Later on 2 other people we know for a long time arrive at the cafe. They haven't been in for a long time and they look as if they aren't doing too well. They say they will be in on sunday for church. Let's pray that God meets them and lifts them up. Please pray for these people, that they would draw near to God in their efforts to escape themselves.