Wednesday 26 January 2011

Were on TV - maybe

Channel 4 news found out about the cafe via the website! It's good to know there's some usefulness in it. They came down to do an interview with guests; they wanted to know our impressions of the recession and the governements handling of it. In case they edit it - I tried to get across the notion that salaries are not meeting the inflation but that I thought the government was doing a difficult but necessary thing. I said I couldn't see how a country could spend money they didn't have. Scott, Bill and Radka were also interviewed. I also told them that I had worked in TV news for 9 years but left, when they asked why I said 'I got tired of being a commentator on attempts to improve the world and wanted to try being a part of it.' I was so glad for the friends who made it in to the cafe during a particularly quiet time - I texted them about Ch4 interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment