Wednesday 19 January 2011

Personal photo exhibition


City of peace weekend away walk
There's an intern working with us at Cafe Forever for the next 5 weeks, Scott. I took some time today to get to know him. He was busy downstairs in the morning helping out at the Island Music for Toddlers class. He loves drumming and beats and is always drumming on something if there's a beat going. I think he's going to have sore fingers working here since there's always some music playing. He enjoys working on the counter and running the till. Scott is the first home-schooled preson I have met. That may seem a bit wierd, but I guess it is becoming more common. A lot of people have lost faith in the education systems of the world. I asked him if he would home school his children if he had any, he said no, but he'd take great steps to ensure that their school was a good one. We had about 35 visitors today, as always more than half are regulars - they become like family in a way, you get to know some of everybody's preferences and attitudes. I am very fortunate to have this space - I studied photography in South Africa and quite often I get to take pictures of the amazing things we do and then enlarge them to A1 size for marketing purposes. Today I have put up pictures of the 'City of Peace weekend away' in the Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment