Friday 28 January 2011

Your self-portrait

On a thursday during term time there is an art platform in Cafe Forever, I have not done a drawing in a long time and today I decided to join the group. My attempt is on the right - I think it is quite a good likeness, but others don't really recognise it. I think this may be because I see myself in a mirror and I drew myself in a mirror, but everybody else sees me the correct way around. I had a chat with a friend today about how we feel purposeless and this is due to a wrong portrait of ourselves, we are de-valued by the words and actions others have said or done in our lives - these then become our identity or self-portrait. I told him that the bible shows that we are VERY valuable to God and have a purpose! This shown through the sacrifice of Jesus, his son. Later in the evening kids club took place in the cafe and I got a chance to do some break-dancing with 2 of the other boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment