Friday 25 March 2011

Week ending 25 march

This week has been an improvement on last week. I have had some decent conversations with friends and enjoyed myself a lot more. I met up twice with K_ who believes that the Libyan thing is a big set up by the world powers. He says that Libya until the recent UN action had one of the best standards of living in the world, I have yet to check the validity of this statement. I got the idea that he believes the theory that the 'rebels' are terrorists trying to de-stabilize Libya and have succeeded in getting UN approval. We chatted also about justice and grace, how the 2 are impossible apart; you can't have grace without justice and vice-versa. In a bible reading on Tuesday I was reminded how Amos frustrated his audience by first getting them to seek justice for the atrocities carried out by their neighbours and then how he turned the tables on them to include Judah and Israel too. I have tried to seek ways to use this tactic on particularly judgemental people this week, to help them see their need for grace. On Thursday we talked some more and I invited him to join our church weekend away and I was able to hand him a 'Jesus storybook bible'. I also had an interesting conversation with Anne who is working with us about what she does and church models and a nice talk with H_ about investment. I told him that I like to eat my desert first since life is unpredictable.
Greenwich Park


Jubilee park - Canary Wharf
During the week D_ visited too, in the beginning of the week he was very agitated and not getting any sleep, making conversation very difficult. His dog pulls him around the place and he finds it very difficult to control her. She is often the topic of conversation. He is an intelligent man and thinks deeply about things but often his frustration gets the better of him. Friday when he came in he was calmer and happier - he'd had a good day in Greenwich park and he explained how sad he was with the Canary Wharf development and it's corporate coldness in comparison with the beauty of Victorian Greenwich park - how corporations, iPads and mobile phones have made us colder and less open to appreciate the world around us. I think I agree with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment