Monday 13 July 2015

Churches making us proud

It is an interesting question and I am not exactly qualified to answer, but I do know where some of the money goes, as I and other Café Forever staff spend it. We are so grateful for the giving that supporters do and it is one source of pride. The recent funday that took part in St John's park was funded by London City Mission - and as such through churches, through volunteers from XLP and Finland! and RBS who supplied many staff volunteers as well as prizes for the kids.

Finnish suffering

Face Painting
I was told by one contact 'the park event was really good fun' and 'who paid for all of this, the council?' and it gave me great pride to tell him that it was through generous giving of churches that made it all happen. The donations go to various other places as well, such as funding the staff that maintain the café or building our back patio and I can only pass on the Goodwill that surrounds our venture - the impact that it is making on the various aspects of people's lives. We are being praised for the work and we give God and his church the Glory!

grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment