Wednesday 20 July 2011

Who do you know?

It's interesting to note the number of people who come into Cafe Forever, and indeed those we meet in daily life, who want to tell us about their importance. One gentleman has told me that he flew spitfire planes, has won marathons around the world, and coached Paula Radcliffe. Whatever the topic of the day in the news, he's been involved somehow! I have often searched the internet to verify it and there's nothing. It's so difficult to talk to him since there's nobody to talk to, just a set of stories. Another lady I have known for a while came in yesterday and the news of the UK phone hacking tribunal was going on. She told me that she was a great reporter in her home country and when she retired in UK she was offered a role on the truth commission. It may be true, I don't know how to verify it. She said she was 'so glad justice was being done', and she was very proud to be a part of the committee. But she is very vocal about her position in society and in truth, and when it comes to mentioning it, she tosses her hair and puffs her self up. She said she has never lied, she wasn't brought up that way. I told her that everyone lies and sins. She said she doesn't believe that. I asked her if she had ever told somebody she liked them when she didn't - 'Ah, now that's diplomacy' she told me. I reckon that is lie number 2. She said that she believes that we will be re-incarnated if we mess up in this life, A second, third, fourth chance - perhaps on another planet, to get things right.
Hannah trying on my shoes.

My daughter spends a lot of her time playing games, sometimes it's difficult to know when she is acting she is sad, acting angry or otherwise. It is something that I hope she grows out of. I want to have a relationship with my daughter, not some fantasy that she has. When she is happy, I want to know it; and when she is sad. It becomes really difficult to have a relationship with people who are involved in a fantasy, or those who have an inflated opinion of themselves; you can never talk on the level.

Often I find myself wishing I was something else, perhaps even fantasizing. I wish I had a job that brought in more money, or I wish I had my own home, I often dislike working at CafĂ© Forever. I'll talk about people I know who worked with me at Sky news as if through knowing them I am something special and someday I might go back. That is when I become useless; If I pursue it; it is difficult for others to be my friend. I present myself as something 'better' than what I am. It is through the fall that we have a need to 'cover up' - to hide our weaknesses, just like Adam and Eve.God has a vision for us, and a purpose. We are fearfully and wonderfully made. We don't need to be anything other than what God has ordained for us. It is through the second Adam that we can be restored; if only we would come into relationship with the second Adam. Do you name drop? Have you ever name dropped 'Jesus'. Please pray for our 'difficult' friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment