Monday 3 December 2012

Things can return to normal

One of my regular visitors seems to do ok during the week and then things kind of fall apart on the weekend. It is evident that they are looking for friendship - deep meaningful friendship other than that which their current relationships are giving them. He tends to calm down after a day or two, but last monday he came in and practically begged me for my ear, we sat together and I prayed with him. Life is really tough living in council estates and I can only wish things would be easier.
Another regular visitor tells us a story of how she had been ill over the weekend (in her own words she thought she was going to die) and in her delirium Jesus came into the room and pushed a needle into her chest in her heart, whereafter she fell into a deep sleep. Next morning she said she woke up feeling fine. She is busy working through 'Christianity Explored' with Marlene and Carol. It is an amazing story, and one that requires a decision.

Lisa and Jude get Read to by Steve
Then on Friday the women from the City of Peace church group came in with their children, Natalie and Lisa included. One of the regular visitors, Steve, was sitting down having a cup of coffee, quietly by himself. My youngest daughter went over to him with a book and asked him to read it to her. It is a lovely innocent moment and I got a picture of it. It is one thing I will remember, the joy on his face and hers as they read together. It felt as if the world had returned to normal for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment