Thursday 1 December 2011

One last chance!

There's a friend I have been talking to for a number of years, just recently he received an eviction notice. The grounds against him are what one would call unsurmountable. I was going to post a page up about his situation but never did. It has been a very tense situation, and needless to say we expected the worst but hoped for the best. We have prayed with him on a number of occasions and he has slowly but surely been coming into a closer relationship with us, attending church and bible study. We are slowly seeing reforms in his attitude and character. Today he and I went to the local housing office to discuss his situation - the letter had said that court proceedings were underway. Well we walked away glad! As mad and as unbelieveable as it sounds, somehow the housing office was graceful. They said that this was his last chance. I hope that my friend will continue to behave correctly despite what the world throws at him. We are all praying that he will hold to the agreement. PLEASE join us in praying! It is really crucial! If he defaults, not only will he lose his accommodation, but we will lose our reputation at that specific housing office, making it really hard to assist anyone else who comes through us for help. It is a real opportunity for a great testimony.
As I was walking back I thought about how Jesus has often been misrepresented, people take his name in vain. What I mean is, people use the name 'Christian' but then they don't walk like Jesus did. I am not calling myself innocent of this, but I realise through my own implication, how much our actions actually affect the work of Jesus - for better or for worse! We are the keepers of his promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment