Sunday 26 June 2011

The world turned upside down

The show at Mile End Park was an absolute winner! I took along some friends and we were all blown away. Sadly my camera's battery ran out so I could only get a short clip, though I am sure if you go to youtube you will be able to see more. It was a production looking at the results of the impact of global warming and environmental changes. So often I think the church has ignored the climate problem - we know that Jesus is the solution - but we don't look at the wound. The effects of high carbon consumption are often debated and so I am unsure of what is truth and what is lie, but one thing is for sure, I rarely find Christians showing as much respect and love for the planet as many of the 'greenies'. The earth is God's creation and according to scripture it also needs to be redeemed by Jesus. When we go and talk to people who are in trouble with lives falling apart we hope that they reach out to him to bring healing - since he will heal the core of their being, bringing about a right response to ALL of creation. But so often I think we (and I include myself here) ignore the way we treat the planet. According to a large percentage of scientists at least, the way we behave in London may affect the flooding in monsoon in Bangladesh and drought in Africa. We need to learn to love globally.

No comments:

Post a Comment